June 7, 2011

Dearest E.,

I am sorry it has been so long since I have written.  Life has gotten crazy around here.  I started my summer job.  Last week I was in training all week.  It was nice to learn so many new skills to prepare for the kids this week.  Nothing could have really prepared me for what it was going to be like this week.  We are only on day two with the kids and I am exhausted.  Overall it was just a bad day and I was really grumpy when I got home. I know tomorrow is going to be better. I really feel bad because after spending 8 hours with the kids at daycamp the last thing I want to do when I come home is play with Taco and Burrito.  

Burrito also graduated from preschool last week and we had a scare with Bean-Dip in the hospital with a head injury.  Burrito did really good at graduation.  I was in training and unable to go.  Grandma and Dad went.  I heard it was great. Until Dad went up to take Burrito's picture getting his diploma and two ladies came in and stole his seat.  They sat down right next to Taco, even though there were a lot of empty chairs and they spilled Dad's Pepsi everywhere!  Dad was very annoyed.  I am so proud of Burrito and how well he is doing with writing his name.  Tuesday was his last day at school.  Now he gets to spend the summer playing at Grandma's house.  I know he is very excited.  Taco is in a "year-round" school system.  So right now he is out and has been for two weeks, but next Monday he will go back to school until everyone gets out on July 1st.  Most of his friends will go back on July 25th but we changed tracks so he has a longer break and will go back in August.  I hope we will get to do something fun before the end of summer. 

Dad is loving his new job.  He comes home exhausted and filthy everyday.  He has moved up from dryer to prep-er.  Instead of hand drying the cars as they leave the tunnel it is now his job to spray off the mud and extra dirt as they come into the tunnel, get the cars on the track and in neutral so they can be pulled through, and to start the wash.  One of the hardest parts of his job is getting the cars lined up so they can move through the line quickly, but never crash.  I watched him through the window for a few minutes last Saturday (they did a record 513 cars).  He orchestrates the tunnel like a pro, getting cars through faster than they can dry.  He boss is very impressed with his work.  I am glad he found something he likes.  If only he could wear some safety gear to protect his hearing.  Now that he spends nine hours a day in the tunnel with it washing I have noticed he is starting to have trouble hearing.

The boys and I are doing well with our Book of Mormon reading challenge. I don't think I've mentioned it before.  In January our bishop challenged the ward to read the Book of Mormon in 6 months.  From Feb. to July 31.  We were super-slackers and just started reading about 2 weeks into May.  We just passed our one-quarter mark.  We have been trying to read one week's worth of the goal every 2 days.  We hope to get caught up a little faster now that we have a good routine.  I have actually never read the Book of Mormon all the way through, so I am excited to get through it as a family.

With Love,

1 comment:

PRINCESS said...

I'm so glad you posted!